Due to the entry into force of the amendment to the “Law on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce” (LSSICE) established by Royal Decree 13/2012, it is now mandatory to obtain the express consent of users of all websites that use dispensable cookies, before the user browses them.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies and pixels are tools used by Web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors, and to allow the website to operate properly. Using these devices, the Web server is able to remember information about the user, such as their preferences for viewing the server's pages, their name and password, the products that interest them most, etc.
COOKIES AFFECTED BY THE REGULATION AND EXEMPTIONS TO COOKIE RULES
According to the EU directive, the cookies that require informed consent from the user are analytical and advertising and affiliation cookies, with the exception of technical cookies and those necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services specifically requested by the user.
WHAT KINDS OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
○ There are five main types of cookies: Analytical cookies: These gather information on the use made of the website.
○ Social cookies: necessary for external social networks.
○ Affiliation cookies: these allow visits from other websites to be tracked, which the website uses to establish an affiliation contract (affiliation companies). Advertising and behavioural cookies: these collect information about the user's personal preferences and choices (retargeting).
○ Technical and functional cookies: these are the cookies strictly necessary for the use of the website and for the provision of the contracted service.
COOKIES THAT MAY BE USED ON THIS WEBSITE
Technical and functional cookies Social cookies
HOW CAN I DISABLE COOKIES?
Most browsers indicate how you can configure your browser not to accept cookies, to notify you each time a new cookie is received and to disable them completely. If you wish to control how your information is used, you can configure your computer’s browser to best suit your requirements.
However, please note, if you disable technical and/or functional cookies, the quality of the website may diminish or it may be harder to identify you.
You can find more information about the different browsers via the following links:
- Chrome http://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/es-419/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet- explorer-9
- Firefox https://www.mozilla.org/es-ES/privacy/websites/#cookies
- Safari http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
⦁ Opera http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
Please check your web browser documentation.